I spoke with Anna Pressler, Director of Recruiting and Student Success at the Raikes School, who you met last week, and she suggested if you want to visit the Raikes School, you all set up individual meetings. This will enable you to have separate academic appointments throughout the day with the college you are interested in, whether that’s the College of Arts & Sciences for Computer Science, the College of Business Administration for Actuarial Science or other business majors, or the College of Engineering for Computer Engineering or other engineering majors. You’ll get more of a feel for what your curriculum would be like, and it will help you see what your story might look like here at UNL and in the Raikes School.
I suggest you set up your visit for either November 6 or November 9, so at the end of your campus visit, you all end up in Kauffman at the Raikes School at the same time. This site has more information about setting up a visit, and make sure you mention you also want to visit the Raikes School. This is not just for seniors, anyone is welcome to set up a visit, but freshmen and sophomores, you still have some time.
Here is more information about the Raikes School for anyone who didn’t see it already:
Many of you were out this week with College visits and it was great to see your selfies on Facebook. Don’t forget, when you miss class, post a selfie of where you are if you are on FB. It’s fun! Thanks
REMEMBER, there is no class on 10/24. We are back together again on 10/31. Jodi wants costumes. They are not required.
Homework for the long break. Due 10/19/2015
- Post your blog url to the comments below ON THIS SITE. Format is [Name] / yourblog.com
- Set a reminder to come back on Wednesday and view the other class blogs.
- A minimum of paragraph on what you learned in Week #4 posted to your blog. If you are in Hannah’s class, I would love to see some visual examples. Zach’s class should include code examples. Be original.
- Have a good weekend off and be productive. We will see you back on the 31st.
Great job everyone! You guys are doing great. I will not be in class with you on Saturday! A selfie will be taken from my traveling location. Remember, if you miss, you need to take a selfie from were you are and post it to the Facebook group. Thanks
I am still missing blogs from some of you. You can catch them up. Here is who I am missing:
There were many of you who were late. Remember, it needs to have Monday’s date in the post for it to considered on time. This week is a chance to get them all on time!
Here is the homework:
- Review the videos that were posted in the comments of last weeks blog post. There might be some new material that you have never seen before. Learn something new.
- For your 3rd blog post, update me with what you learned this week. I would like a sample of code as well as a full paragraph. Also tell me if you can use your new skills in school yet. If so, how are you using them. If not, how could you?
- Share your post with a friend, family member, teacher or anyone you desire. Ask them to leave a comment. Extra credit if they do. Some of you will need this extra credit for sure.
Have a great week. I will see you back next Saturday!
Welcome to week #2 of GET HIP. So glad that many of you came back to join us! Great having you all!
Homework Blog post for the week and it is due Monday 10/5/2015 at midnight.
- What did you learn this week? Include exampes of code where you can. Give me at least one new thing.
- Find one Youtube video that pertains to subject you are learning and post the link to the comments here. If you can’t find a good video, I will accept a help tech blog or forums
- How are you using your one of your Top 5 themes in class? Give me two examples. Be creative.
- Update and personalize your blog to make it yours.
Jim is out in Colorado next week and will post a selfie from the road. Don’t forget, when you are out, do the same.
Join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gallupgethip/